Vegan Protein Tacos in 15 minutes with anti aging ingredients
Dinner in No Time
Thinking of tacos as unhealthy soul food that are pretty darn tasty, but not exactly on the list of healthiest dishes?
We have to make that clear today and here and present you our our recipe with anti-aging ingredients for healthy vegan protein tacos that are prepared in 15 minutes!
Unfortunately, when it comes to eating healthy and even more when it comes to longevity, we focus on what we have to do without.
Instead, we should focus on what we should eat and what gives us pleasure.
Tacos are a kind of declaration of love. There is no one who does not like tacos. They are comfort and soul food. They are quick to prepare and incredibly versatile. Whether it’s Paleo tacos, low-carb tacos, fish tacos, or our vegan protein tacos with delicious anti-aging ingredients. The list is long and can be continued indefinitely.
For this recipe, we use tofu, jackfruit, and pointed cabbage and top it all with pomegranate seeds, corn kernels, and guacamole. This gives us a perfect base of protein and fiber, as well as crunchy ingredients that can’t be missing from a perfect taco.
The fiber in jackfruit has a great impact on your intestinal flora. This in turn is the basis of mitophagy and thus how fast you age.
You can find out more here in our article. The intestinal flora and its great influence on mitophagy and your age.
Proteins, on the other hand, are among our building blocks for new and healthy cells, but also muscles and much more that happens in our body. Tofu, however, is not only a perfect source of protein but also rich in isoflavone, which has the ability to protect us from free radicals and strengthen the immune system. Pomegranate is our beauty queen anyway. They promote urolithin A and thus mitophagy which is simply one of the absolute fountains of youth.
All these ingredients of our Protein Tacos fit therefore not only taste but also health perfectly, together. Jackfruit is reminiscent of pulled pork and has the perfect consistency for tacos. Tofu can be prepared in various forms. We chose Scrambled Tofu, it gives a nice harmony in the textures. Pointed cabbage, pomegranate seeds, and corn kernels round out our taco with a topping of guacamole to boot.
And to add the final anti-aging touch to our taco, we also add some cilantro on top. This not only looks beautiful but contains particularly high quercetin, a strong senolytic. You will find more in our article
6 anti-inflammatory cilantro recipes to boost your longevity.
Scroll down and find our recipe for
vegan protein tacos with anti aging ingredients,
that you can prepare in 15 minutes.
What you need
- 6 corn tacos
- 1 package Jackfruit BBQ Style
- ½ package normal tofu
- ½ avocado
- ½ pomegranate seeds (these are also available ready to buy)
- 1 tsp corn kernels
- ¼ Pointed cabbage
- Coriander for garnish
- ½ onion
- Olive oil
- Sweet bell pepper
- 1 lime
It’s best to prepare all the ingredients for the tacos.
- Press the liquid out of the tofu with kitchen paper. The best way is to wrap it and weigh it down for 10 min.
- Prepare the guacamole. Mix the avocado with a pinch of salt and the juice of ½ lime.
- “Scramble” the tofu with your fingers and season with paprika and salt.
- Cut the pointed cabbage into fine strips. Add a little salt and the juice of the second ½ lime. Knead everything so that the fibers of the pointed cabbage break up.
- Rinse the corn and set aside in a bowl.
- Cut the onion into fine cubes and sweat them in olive oil. Add the jackfruit meat and fry until cooked through and keep warm.
- Then briefly fry the tofu in olive oil as well.
- While this is going on, you can already heat the corn tacos in a separate pan according to the package instructions.
- Add a little bit of everything in the taco now.
First some jackfruit meat and tofu, then the pointed cabbage and as the topping, corn, pomegranate seeds, and guacamole.
- Of course, if you have some spicy additions at home, you can use them however you like.