Humus is a ready-made product that we can recommend to you for once. Because the ingredients that go into a good hummus make it not only a top source of protein and fiber, which are important for your cells and your gut, but also, a little nutritional miracle. Besides chickpeas, it contains olive oil, garlic, lemon, tahini, cumin and salt. Each of the components has wonderful nutrients that support your body’s longevity.
Chickpeas should not be reduced to their protein content alone. Because they also contain much more and are rich in vitamins and minerals such as:
- Vitamin A: important for a functioning immune system, strong bones and the eyes
Vitamin B1: important for maintenance of nerve and heart muscle tissue
- Vitamin B6: Is cofactor for more than 100 enzymes and involved in very many processes of protein and fat metabolism. It is essential for the immune system, the nervous system and for the formation of hemoglobin.
- Vitamin C: Is a powerful antioxidant and supports cell renewal of the skin.
Vitamin E: Keeps skin young longer and protects cells from oxidative damage.
- Iron: Important for the transport of red blood cells
- Zinc, copper, manganese: Strengthens the thymus gland, the immune system and that wounds heal faster.
- Magnesium: Is one of the most anti-inflammatory minerals and plays an important role for the heart, muscles and nerves
- Selenium: Protects cells, strengthens the immune system and is involved in the production of thyroid hormone and sperm.
Besides all their own valuable nutrients, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice have properties that contribute to cell protection them their construction and degradation. Garlic in particular has a preservative effect on our thymus gland, which is the center of our immune defenses.
Tahini is also something that belongs in every kitchen. Not only can it be used to enhance an infinite number of dishes, it is also rich in B1, B2 and B6, contains a lot of magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, zinc and phosphorus and some calcium. Tahini is thus the perfect companion for the chickpeas and also a top source of protein.